updated 06/08/2006 AT 8:00 AM ET
•originally published 06/08/2006 AT 8:10 AM ET
Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards have extended the restraining order that requires Sheen to stay away from Richards and their two daughters, the Associated Press reports.
Neither actor was present in the Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday when their lawyers agreed to extend the order, which Richards won in April, through June 28.
Sheen, 40, must stay at least 300 yards from Richards, 35, and their daughters Sam, 2, and Lola, 1, except for supervised visits with the children.
On April 21, Richards filed paperwork in Los Angeles Superior Court that claimed Sheen had threatened to kill her. In the 17-page filing, Richards also detailed Sheen’s alleged abuse of prescription medication, violent mood swings, compulsive gambling and use of pornography.
In a statement issued by her rep that day, Richards said, “I am disappointed that the situation has deteriorated to the point that it has become necessary to seek the assistance of the court. However, my primary concern is and always has been the welfare of the children and this action today was taken to ensure their safety as well as mine.”
In a statement of his own, Sheen called the allegations “a most obvious immature and transparent smear campaign designed to hurt, embarrass and ultimately extort me.”
Richards originally filed for divorce in March 2005, when she was six months pregnant with Lola. The pair appeared to briefly reconcile after Lola’s birth in June, but on Jan. 4, they requested that their divorce proceed with a private arbitrator.
Last month they agreed to a temporary child-custody arrangement, with Sheen allowed weekly supervised visits with Sam and Lola, and appeared to be trying to settle their divorce amicably.
“(We) hope to resolve this matter outside of the public forum and will both continue to make every effort in this regard,” they said in a joint statement.