08/30/2006 AT 7:50 AM ET
Colin Farrell has obtained a three-year restraining order against a woman who confronted him during a July 20 taping of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
The preliminary injunction – which will expire in August 2009 – was issued in Los Angeles Superior Court on Monday and requires Dessarae Bradford, 31, to remain at least 150 yards away from the Miami Vice star, his 2-year-old son James and the boy’s mother, model Kim Bordenave, the Associated Press reports.
Bradford, a ticketed member of the Tonight Show audience, walked onto the stage during taping at NBC studios in Burbank and confronted Farrell. The actor then escorted her offstage and NBC security personnel removed her from the premises.
Returning to the stage, Farrell apologized and said, “My first stalker.” Leno replied, “Welcome to celebrity.”
The next day, Farrell filed for a temporary restraining order, saying he feared for his family’s safety.
In a statement to the AP, Bradford said she would ask the court to set aside the restraining order. Farrell’s publicist, Danica Smith, could not immediately be reached by the AP for comment.
Late last month, Bradford announced that she has filed a lawsuit against the actor. This suit – for $10 million – is the third brought against Farrell by Bradford, who in November 2004 and July 2005 accused the actor of sexually harassing her. Both of those suits were dismissed.