updated 01/08/2007 AT 7:00 AM ET
•originally published 01/08/2007 AT 8:00 AM ET
Rosie O’Donnell isn’t the only one with a bone to pick with Donald Trump: Now a New Hampshire man is suing the mogul for age discrimination.
Joseph Hewett, a technology manager, says he didn’t make it onto The Apprentice as a contestant because, at 49, he was deemed too old, the New York Post reports.
Hewett tried out for the show in 2005 but was quickly given the brush-off, he says in a lawsuit filed in Massachusetts federal court. He wants class-action status for his suit, meaning thousands more rejected applicants could join in as plaintiffs.
Along with Trump, Hewett names several of his companies and producer Mark Burnett as defendants.
No comment has been reported from the Trump camp.
On Sunday, the seventh season of The Apprentice – and its first to be filmed in Los Angeles – debuted. Its 18 contestants had been selected from a pool of 18,000 applicants, the Post reports.
On Monday, Rosie O’Donnell, who has been feuding with Trump since before Christmas, returned to The View after a vacation. She recently posted a painting on her Web site titled simply, “Him,” which portrays a wide-eyed, open-mouthed face topped by what looks suspiciously like a combover.