Jodie Foster Calls Teen’s Claims She Attacked Him a ‘Fabrication’

Jodie Foster

Evan Agostini/Getty

updated 06/11/2010 AT 1:00 PM ET

originally published 06/11/2010 AT 1:45 PM ET

Jodie Foster is speaking out against allegations that she attacked a young man outside an L.A. mall, telling PEOPLE the accusations and the police report filed by the teenager are a “fabrication” of what really happened.

“This guy was most definitely a professional paparazzo,” the actress’s rep tells PEOPLE. “He had a large camera bag and 1000mm telephoto lens. He tailed Jodie and followed her all the way from the movie theater to the valet.”

According to a police report obtained by RadarOnline, the incident occurred May 29 at The Grove in L.A., where Foster was seeing a movie with her children. The alleged victim’s father claims his 17-year-old son approached the Oscar-winning actress for a photo but she “came after him [and] poked him in the chest” and “pushed and shoved him leaving scratches and bruises on his arm.”

Foster, however, says the teenager had been following her for a while. “He crowded her and her two young children and took photos of them the whole time,” says the rep, adding that the actress went up to him and asked him to stop.

“This guy’s behavior was completely inappropriate,” says the rep, “and the police report is a fabrication of the incident.”


From Our Partners