updated 10/10/2002 AT 1:00 AM ET
•originally published 10/10/2002 AT 10:00 AM ET
Sharon Osbourne’s current treatment for colon cancer is playing a bit of havoc with MTV’s scheduling of the second season of “The Osbournes,” the New York Post reports.
The network, which had a surprise runaway hit last season with its look at the offbeat family headed by Ozzy Osbourne, is keeping its January calendar open for the debut of the new season of “The Osbournes” should it turn out that Sharon’s medical treatment sidelines next month’s planned season premiere.
As previously announced, “The Osbournes” is set to begin its second season sometime in late November, though no specific date has been announced. As for the January idea, “Nothing is set in stone,” an MTV spokesman tells the Post.
Sharon, 50, was diagnosed with colon cancer last summer and, surrounded by her husband and kids, has been receiving treatment ever since. At the Sept. 22 Emmys ceremony, a robust-looking Sharon appeared onstage and received a rousing round of applause when she thanked everyone for the “prayers and good wishes.”
Family spokeswoman Lisa Vega said Sharon is recovering well, the Post reports, and a Barbara Walters “20/20” interview with the MTV matriarch is still on tap for Nov. 8.
“As it stands, everything is scheduled to move forward and for the show to premiere in late November,” Vega said.
Despite the travails, filming on “The Osbournes” has been going on since July.