Sometimes the smallest pets cause the biggest trouble! In East Lothian, Scotland, a hamster named Fudgie (not pictured) created quite a stir
when he escaped from his cage on Oct. 22, possibly slipping through a kickboard hole in the Appleby family home. Upon noticing Fudgie – whom the family was pet-sitting – was missing from his cage, the family called authorities, who sent two fire crews to the scene. Firemen tried for hours to coax Fudgie from underneath the floor, using such tools as a chocolate-covered camera and a vacuum cleaner with a sock over the nozzle to lure the hamster, but to no avail. Sadly, Fudgie's fate remains unknown.