Pet Stories Around the Web
* Cruel car thieves stole two puppies from John Schneider, better known as Bo Duke from The Dukes of Hazzard. They left the car, but stole the puppies–a Yorkie and Yorkie-poo he bought for his daughters. -- BBC
* Which is worse? A zoology student who hid hundreds of Madagascar's rare chameleons, snakes, and lizards in his jacket and luggage was just convicted. (The New York Times) Or, a Washington state woman who drugged a monkey, stuffed it under her shirt and pretended to be pregnant when she flew home from Thailand. (CNN) We'll go with the monkey woman, who was only caught when she bragged to a store clerk.
* Industrious Purdue University students are working on what they call an "exoskeleton" for dogs – a type of brace they hope can help out older canines struggling with hip problems. -- FOX News
* The next season of Animal Planet's hit Whale Wars may get a lot more interesting. Japan says it's going to arrest anyone who interrupts their Antarctic whaling–including the show's stars. -- AFP
* A solider comes home–and gets smothered with kisses from his dogs. -- Pet Connection