These stories are worth a click:
* The White House caught one of the raccoons on its grounds–despite animal experts'
objections to the plan-- and relocated the animal. -- Washington Post
* BLM says Pickens plan won't fit with original wild horse protection law that says they have to be kept on land they were on in 1971. -- AP
* Biologist finally collars a moose in Connecticut, one of about 100 in the state as their range expands south. -- Newsday
* A Maryland fireman regained the ability to talk after an accident thanks to his parrots. Now he runs a foundation for homeless pet parrots. -- BBC
* Is the Australian night parrot extinct? A writer is given a $8,500 prize to spend six weeks looking for the critically endangered bird and find out. -- Metro UK