Quick Hits: Why Is Pet Cloning So Expensive?; Plus: Furminator's Fancy New Brushes!
* Antarctica has piles of penguin poo so big they can be seen from satellites, which point researchers to where the colonies live.–Cryptozoology
* Got a spare $32,000? That's the price of cloning your cat.–Petside
* Wayne Pacelle, who has led the HSUS for five years today, is proud of all the dog-fighting busts the agency has made. He aimed to turn the group into a "hard-hitting yet mainstream force for animal protection."
* Super Glue to the rescue! Why the sticky stuff isn't such a crazy way to patch a wound on you or your dog.–Terrierman
* Furminator–a godsend to all pet owners–now has two new brushes, one with a double blade, one with a quick release.–Catster
* Rescued black Lab finds a home, then saves another black Lab lost in the woods.–ZooToo
* Despite California's budget mess, the state has passed a slew of animal-welfare legislation lately.–AP
On Newsstands Now
- Brad's Devotion: The Inside Story
- Oklahoma Tornado: Heroic Rescues
- Michael Douglas on Catherine's Health
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine