Louis C.K. Saved His Dog's Life – But His Dog Didn't Care
08/19/2011 AT 02:00 PM EDT
"It's harder having a dog [than having a child]," he told Conan O'Brien on Thursday. "Children develop, and dogs just stay dumb. They never figure it out."
He recounted the story of how his dog once ate dark chocolate, which can be toxic to canines. C.K.'s vet had once told him he could use hydrogen peroxide to help induce vomiting. And though C.K. attempted to get the dog to drink it, she was less willing to cooperate.
"This dog was 70 lbs. She was like an alligator," C.K. said. "She's trying to bite me and I'm trying to save her life. She made it, but she never liked me after that. From her point of view, I went nuts."
For more of Louis C.K.'s story – complete with reenactments! – check out the video below. The dog bit starts around the 3:15 mark.